Quandl Installed but Import Error

by: nilima, 8 years ago

Hello,

I installed Quandl through pip install and also tried installing though setup.py. But I get the import error: "No module named request"

Any idea how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!!!

You must be logged in to post. Please login or register an account.

Sounds like the wrong version installed. What version of Python are you using? IIRC, Quandl is made for Py 2 only or some nonsense. Gotta go in and fix it if you want to use with Python 3. It's a really basic single-script module. You can run it through 2to3.py.

Find it in C:/Python34/Lib/site-packages/   ... make a copy JIC, then use 2to3.py to conver it. For a tutorial on using 2to3.py, check out: http://pythonprogramming.net/converting-python2-to-python3-2to3/

-Harrison 8 years ago

Harrrison,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Python 2.7. IS there any fix to run Quandl for this version.

Also, thanks for the wonderful tutorials.

-nilima 8 years ago

Well that's pretty odd. In that case, maybe Quandl is just Python 3? Hmm. I just took a peak at their latest offering, looks like it supports both 2 and 3.

Are you sure the error isn't "No module named requests" (plural requests). Try to run a

pip install request

... or

pip install requests

If pip unrecognized, give the full path. On Windows, for example, that'd be

C:/Python27/Scripts/pip install requests

-Harrison 8 years ago

Thanks pip install requests worked. I am a beginner in Python, I am not sure what happened but its working!!!

-nilima 8 years ago

Just missing the module. If it says a module is missing, try to install it like that :) Glad to hear you got it all figured out.

-Harrison 8 years ago

I don't know if this replay is gonna help you or not.  Try with lower case,

import quandl

I had the same problem but this works for me.

-sharifulalam 6 years ago

the lower case solution worked for me as well, so weird because pip3 list actually gives Quandl uppercase

-alpa 5 years ago